Monday, February 15, 2010

Fast-Track Day 8

Hi all

I didn't write yesterday for a variety of reasons -- one of which was the hard pouring rain we had all afternoon.

Today was interesting. I was in a FUNK this morning -- thinking how wonderful this experience was -- and how I had spent thousands of dollars on clinics, and felt I got splintered skills that didn't make sense as a whole. . . I was reminded that I was in charge of my own learning -- and the program was evolving -- the clinicians didn't have this information 2 years ago. . .OOPS, I think my ATTITUDE score just plummeted -- being negative and BLAMING others is NOT OK -- We are in charge of ourselves. So up with the boot straps -- I will overcome.

OK -- so what are we learning. I could tell you all the skills we are learning, but that is NOT the point of this experience. Yes, we need the building blocks and the instructor and coaches will answer any question we have. Plus, we have a demo each day, two focus skills, and our own goals to work on. Then we have some classroom time. We play with our horses about 5 hours a day. THE point of this experience is to empower us to be able to solve our own problems and our own learning. This group is getting really cohesive. . .

We were reminded that there will be many FASTTRACKS -- but WE are the FIRST FastTrack.

Fanny was GREAT this afternoon -- she hasn't been picking up a lope -- but today we were shown a couple of ways to do that -- now we can go from walk to lope-- etc.

I have been working on focus focus focus. . .Hard for this ADD/creative person. . . I am also working on slowing myself down -- and really doing the phases-- focus (eyes) bellybutton, leg, rein/stick.

I have a personal goal of learning herd behavior and how does that translate into how I become the alpha of the herd. It is not really covered here as an individual topic, but I am researching it.



JO

No comments:

Post a Comment