Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Fast-Track Day 13

This morning was sunny with a little bit of breeze -- just the perfect weather to be on a horse. . . Holding the tongue, trailer loading, clover leaf, etc were the topics of the small group learnings. Then we went out to work on the PRECISION Pen. . . How much fun is this for a reining horse . . .or dressage horse (Yeah Leanna)

Yesterday, we went through the Horsenality chart as a Humanality chart. Lots of information that has been condensed into one chart. It was nice -- Everyone is talking today about THEMSELVES -- and how they fit into the scheme of the chart. So nice to know that even though the left brain introverts think the right brain people are crazy (sound familiar) we really aren't. . . And we don't need to know what is in it for us (smile you left brain introverts who take all the notes) We are all working at coming to the center of that chart - like we are asking our horses to come to the center of their chart. So we are all trying on new behavior. It is so nice to know that all quadrants are really OK -- We just need to work on ourselves to become more balanced.

We laughed and laughed today and danced in the middle of the playground.

Meanwhile, my horse, Fanny, is asking me for consistency (right brain introvert behavior) -- and lighter phases (be more nurturing) -- and she will be obedient. . . She will show me more emotions and more exuberance. (Right brain horses tend to HOLD IT IN -- thus gastric problems and ulcers) Actually, she is showing me so much exuberance in the canter, that I am implementing partial disengagement. Linda P. talked to us about that subject. That worked perfectly -- Fanny slowed down to her slow canter. I am still not consistent with my eyes, bellybutton, leg and then rein as the phases -- Savvy string here I come. I am taking my right Brain Extrovert behavior (go from one thing to another -- and changing it to SLOW IT DOWN -- do it right). . .I have so much to learn.

I am going to be 64 in a month -- how long will it take -- I'd better take 8 more FAST-TRACKS. . .quick quick quick -- WHOA Jo. . ."Take the Time it Takes, and it'll take Less Time" Until next time.

jo

Until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment