Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 19 -- The TESTS

Ok -- so being in boot camp not only means LONG hours, but also, how did you do? That means TESTS!!!!

We had pretests the first few days we were here, and today we had POST TESTS -- yesterday afternoon was our theory test-- this morning was our on-line and liberty tests. This afternoon is our freestyle and finesse tests.

Ok, I cried the first day because I didn't know what I was doing here. . .and I cried today because I didn't feel I had learned enough. - I was SAVVY in several areas -- but not SAVVY in other areas, even though I knew better. Of course, we all watched each other. Some people here were beautiful in everything they did. But do you know how hard it is to have these peers watch you fumble --

So, dry your tears, Jo -- It's your journey and only YOU are in charge of your learning. After today, this journey is almost over --only to start a NEW journey back in Iowa.

I will let you know how freestyle and finesse go -- for my husband, who has no idea what those two words mean -- it means I will be ON TOP of Fanny this afternoon. We will be riding. I have an hour to go warm up -- so until tonight. . .

6:00 pm

I am exhausted -- and so is Fanny -- We spent the afternoon with our finesse and freestyle skills. Kristi would have been proud -- I cantered around a circle with arms folded. I started with just the string, then with folded arms. . . Canter, Canter, Canter. . .

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment